First Touch Soccer Academy offers players and teams the opportunity to test their game intelligence. Coaches often refer the need for players to be 'savvy' and 'smart' on the field. In addition we train players to make good decisions, but rarely test their ability in a formative manner. FTSA provides this tool. It is common place to test a players physical and technical traits but rarely do coaches have the means to test a players 'game intelligence'. As a published author in the field of game intelligence in soccer Rob Leather has the necessary expertise to provide players and coaches this unique opportunity.
The 'Game Intelligence Test' is a 94 question test created to test a players understanding of individual, small group and larger unitary tactics. It specifically tests a players ability in the following fields:
- First Defender Principles
- Second Defender Principles
- Third Defender Principles
- Defending in numbers down situations (specifically 1v2)
- Defending in groups of 3 and 4
- Defending within a system of play
- Defending in certain areas of the field
- First Attacker Principles
- Second Attacker Principles
- Third Attacker Principles
- Attacking in numbers up situations (2v1, 3v2, 4v3)
- Attacking in even numbers situation (2v2, 3v3, 4v4)
- Attacking as a defensive unit
- Attacking as a midfield unit
- Attacking as a forward unit
- Attacking in full 11v11 situations
The test will quiz a player based on what decision, what movement or what positioning they would make/take in a number of varied situations.
If you have any interest in being tested please email [email protected]
. In addition this test is incorporated into classroom session in elite First Touch Soccer Academy camps. This test is suitable only for players wishing to attain a high level of play.